Process for qualifying interests to obtain the Regional Parcel
- Review the Access Constraints in section one of the Regional Parcel Dataset Metadata to determine if your organization is a "qualifying governmental" or "qualifying academic" interest, and thus eligible for this license.
- Read the Use Constraints in section one of the metadata to understand the types of restrictions that are imposed by the license.
- Review the rest of the metadata to verify that the dataset is suitable for your intended use.
- Download the license agreement. Fill it out completely, sign and date it, then submit it via U.S. Mail to the address below. Faxes or photocopies will not be accepted. Note: Please do not complete page 10 of the license agreement unless a Third Party will be accessing the data on behalf of your organization.
Attn: GIS Unit - Parcel Data Licensing
Robert Street, North
St. Paul, MN 55101
Upon receipt of a fully-executed license agreement by Metropolitan
Council GIS Unit staff (Step 4 above), a determination will be made as to
whether the applicant meets the criteria as a qualifying interest. If the
applicant is determined to be a qualifying interest, the license agreement will
be executed by the Metropolitan Council and a user ID and password will be
forwarded to the applicant via email, authorizing access to the Regional Parcel
Dataset. A photocopy of the entire executed license will be mailed to you for
If a Third Party is involved, it will be the responsibility of the
Public Party to provide the data and/or password to their Third Party and to
manage their access.
- Questions regarding data content:
Metadata: Regional Parcel Dataset Metadata
MetroGIS-endorsed data specifications for the
Regional Parcel Dataset: Regional
Parcel Data Policy Summary
- Questions regarding responsibilities of the user: see license agreement
- Questions regarding data licensing and access procedures: